Guide : How To Become Mobile App Developer?
Mobile app development is a lucrative career that involves designing, building, and maintaining mobile applications for various platforms such as Android, iOS, and Windows.
Why Become Mobile App Developer?
There are many reasons why someone might choose to become a mobile app developer. Here are a few:
- High Demand: With the ever-increasing popularity of smartphones and tablets, the demand for mobile apps continues to grow. As more and more businesses realize the importance of having a mobile presence, the demand for mobile app developers has skyrocketed.
- Career Opportunities: The demand for mobile app developers has created a variety of career opportunities. You can work for a software development company, a tech startup, or even as a freelance developer.
- High Pay: Mobile app development is a lucrative career, with salaries ranging from moderate to high, depending on your experience and location.
- Flexibility: As a mobile app developer, you have the flexibility to work from anywhere, as long as you have a computer and an internet connection. This makes it an ideal career choice for those who value work-life balance.
- Creativity: Mobile app development is a creative field, where you can use your imagination to design and build innovative applications that solve real-world problems.
- Constant Learning: Mobile app development is a constantly evolving field, with new technologies and frameworks being introduced all the time. This means that there is always something new to learn, keeping the work interesting and challenging.
Overall, becoming a mobile app developer is a great career choice for those who are interested in technology, enjoy problem-solving, and want to work in a creative and dynamic field with a high demand and potential for growth.
How To Become Mobile App Developer?
In this guide, we will discuss how to become a mobile app developer and what skills, education, and experience you need to succeed in this field.
Step 1: Get a Solid Foundation in Computer Science :
To become a mobile app developer, you need to have a solid foundation in computer science. This includes knowledge of programming languages, algorithms, data structures, and software development principles. A degree in computer science or a related field is a great starting point, but it is not mandatory.
You can also learn computer science through online courses, coding bootcamps, or self-study. Some popular online courses for learning computer science include Coursera, Udemy, and edX.
Step 2: Choose a Platform :
The next step is to choose a mobile platform to specialize in. The two most popular platforms are Android and iOS, although Windows and other platforms also have a significant user base. Each platform has its own programming languages, development tools, and user interface guidelines.
Android development uses Java or Kotlin programming languages and the Android Studio development environment. iOS development uses Swift or Objective-C programming languages and the Xcode development environment. Windows development uses C# programming language and the Visual Studio development environment.
Choosing a platform depends on your interests, career goals, and the market demand in your area.
Step 3: Learn Mobile App Development :
After choosing a platform, the next step is to learn mobile app development. This involves learning the programming languages, development tools, and frameworks for the chosen platform.
There are several resources available for learning mobile app development. Some popular resources include:
- Online courses: Websites such as Udemy, Coursera, and edX offer online courses on mobile app development.
- Coding bootcamps: Coding bootcamps are intensive, short-term programs that teach mobile app development skills.
- Books: There are several books available on mobile app development for beginners and advanced developers.
- Video tutorials: Platforms such as YouTube offer video tutorials on mobile app development.
Step 4: Build Your Portfolio :
Building a portfolio of mobile apps is essential for demonstrating your skills and expertise as a mobile app developer. This can include personal projects, open-source contributions, or freelance work.
Having a portfolio can help you stand out from other candidates when applying for mobile app development jobs. It can also help you attract clients as a freelance developer.
Step 5: Participate in Hackathons and Meetups :
Participating in hackathons and meetups is a great way to network with other developers, learn new skills, and showcase your mobile app development skills.
Hackathons are events where developers come together to build software projects over a short period, usually 24 to 48 hours. Meetups are regular gatherings of developers to discuss mobile app development trends, technologies, and best practices.
Participating in hackathons and meetups can also help you find job opportunities or clients for your freelance work.
Step 6: Find Job Opportunities or Freelance Work :
After learning mobile app development skills and building a portfolio, the next step is to find job opportunities or freelance work.
Job opportunities can be found on job boards such as Indeed, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor. You can also apply directly to companies that develop mobile applications.
Freelance work can be found on platforms such as Upwork, Freelancer, and Fiverr. You can also network with other developers or attend hackathons and meetups to find freelance work.
Step 7: Keep Learning :
Mobile app development is a constantly evolving field, and it is essential to keep learning and updating your skills to stay relevant. This can include attending conferences, taking online courses, or reading industry blogs and publications.
As a mobile app developer, it is important to stay up-to-date with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in the field. This can involve learning new programming languages, frameworks, and development tools, as well as staying current with user interface and user experience design trends.
Staying connected with industry peers and experts is also essential. This can involve participating in online forums and discussion boards, attending local meetups and conferences, or joining professional organizations such as the Mobile App Development Association.
How Much Does a Mobile App Developer Earn? (India, UK and USA)
The salary of a mobile app developer varies depending on factors such as location, experience, and the company they work for. Here is a breakdown of the average salaries for mobile app developers in India, UK, and USA:
- Junior Mobile App Developer: INR 200,000 – INR 400,000 per year
- Senior Mobile App Developer: INR 800,000 – INR 1,500,000 per year
- Junior Mobile App Developer: £20,000 – £30,000 per year
- Senior Mobile App Developer: £50,000 – £75,000 per year
- Junior Mobile App Developer: $60,000 – $80,000 per year
- Senior Mobile App Developer: $100,000 – $150,000 per year
It’s important to note that these are average salary ranges and may vary depending on location and company. Additionally, experience and skills can also impact earning potential. Senior mobile app developers with several years of experience and specialized skills may earn significantly more than those in junior roles.
Becoming a mobile app developer is an exciting and rewarding career path that requires a solid foundation in computer science, a specialization in a mobile platform, and ongoing learning and development.
By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can develop the skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to become a successful mobile app developer. With the growing demand for mobile applications, there is no shortage of opportunities to explore in this field, whether you are interested in working for a company or freelancing as a mobile app developer.